Last modified: February 6th, 2017
Collection and Use of Information
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Site, services, features and content (together, the "Service") and to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate the Site.
- In the course of registering for or using the Service, whether as a Professional or an Organization, we may ask you to provide us with, grant us access to, or grant us permission to obtain, certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you; personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your name, company name, email address, and phone number ("Personal Information").
- If you use the Service to make or receive payments, we will also collect certain Personal Information such as credit card information, bank account number, routing number or other financial account information, and billing address.
- We may collect additional Personal Information to validate your identity, such as your date of birth, social security number or taxpayer identification number. We may request documents to verify this information, such as a copy of your government-issued identification or photo, and we may authenticate it against third party databases or request a credit report.
- We also collect other information that you provide in connection with your use of the Service (e.g., zip code (on its own) and individual preferences) ("Non-Identifying Information"). We collect additional Non-Identifying Information from Organizations in the form of information related to projects posted via the Service (e.g., budget, payment structure, location, description of the project, feedback/rating information). We also collect additional Non-Identifying Information from Professionals in connection with Professional profiles (e.g., educational information, work experience, skills, hourly pay rates, etc.).
- We use your Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your Non-Identifying Information) mainly to provide the Service, assist you in completing your transactions, and administer your inquiries.
- We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other SpareHire Users (defined below) to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Service, and to analyze and understand how our Site and Service are used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
- We may also use your Personal Information to contact you with SpareHire newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications.
- We may also use your Personal Information to send you e-mail notifications in connection with specific projects you have applied for. The sole purpose of these notifications is to enhance your experience by keeping you apprised of developments when you are applying for projects (as a Professional) or posting projects (an as Organization) and ensuring that the matching process is smooth and timely. You may opt out of certain of these e-mail notifications, but others are necessary and integral to the proper functioning of our Site and Service.
When you visit the Site, whether as a registered user or a non-registered user just browsing the Site (any of these, a "SpareHire User"), our servers may automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser software version or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site, pages of our Site that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Site, access times and dates, and other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this type of information in order to increase our Site's functionality and user-friendliness, to better tailor it to our visitors' needs, and to detect suspicious activity. These third party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information. We do not treat Log Data as Personal Information, but we may use it in association with Personal Information, and we may aggregate, analyze and evaluate such Log Data for the same purposes as stated above regarding other Non-Identifying Information.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as "phishing" are of great concern to SpareHire. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your account ID, login password, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission's website.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Professional Profiles. If you submit our Professional Registration form, your application is approved and you choose to use the Service as a Professional, your Professional profile will be created. This profile will not be publicly viewable via the Service. Such profile may include information including, but not limited to, name, location, skills, desired hourly pay rates, educational information, work experience, certifications/licenses and feedback/rating information. You may edit your Professional profile via the Edit Profile link when logged in and viewing your profile. Your Professional Profile will not be shared with any SpareHire User (other than employees of SpareHire) unless you apply for a project. If you apply for a project, the Organization whose project you applied for will have access to your your full profile. No other Professionals or Organizations will be able to view your profile or know that your profile exists.
Organization Profiles. If you submit our Organization Registration form, your application is approved and you choose to use the Service as an Organization, your Organization profile will be created. This profile will not be publicly viewable via the Service. Such profile may include information including, but not limited to name, location, organization name or job title. You may edit your Organization Profile via the Edit Profile link when logged in and viewing your profile. Your Organization Profile will not be shared with any SpareHire User (other than employees of SpareHire) unless you post a project. When you post a project, you will have the option of doing so anonymously, in which case your organization's name will not appear in the project listing ("Project Listing"). If you do not choose to post your project anonymously, all registered SpareHire Users will be able to view your organization's name and description, since your organization's name and description will appear in the Project Listing. SpareHire Users who are not registered (for example those just simply browsing the site without logging in) will not be able to view your Organization Profile.
If you choose to post a project via the Service as an Organization, the contents of such Project Listing will be viewable via the Service, but only to registered Professionals and Organizations of the Site. Project Listings may include information such as budget, location, a description of the project, a brief description of the Organization, Organization feedback rating and timing of project performance.
We collect feedback from users about their experience with other users of the Service. Please note that any feedback that you provide via the Service will be viewable via the Service according to the following structure:
- Organizations will be able to view the feedback of Professionals who have applied to their projects. This feedback will be displayed to the Organization via the Professional Profile
- Professionals will be able to view the feedback of Organizations who have posted projects. The feedback of the Organization that posted the project will be displayed in the Project Listing
If and when an Organization selects a Professional for a particular project, the project will be launched and a Project Tracker will be generated. This Project Tracker will contain information from the profiles of both the Professional and the Organization who are engaged for the project, including but not limited to, contact information and details about the project. The Project Tracker will also contain an hour log that will enable the Professional to record hours spent on the project. This hour log will only be viewable by the Organization who has posted the project and to SpareHire administrators. Project Trackers will not be made available to anyone other than the Organization who has posted a particular project and the Professional who is completing that project.
Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information
We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
Use of Logo in Marketing Materials
We may use your company logo and identify your company as a client on our website and in our marketing materials. We will not mention specifics about the role you have posted on the Site without your prior consent.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to improve our Service and to perform Site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, payment processing, fraud detection and improvement of the Site's features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Site and Service are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement.
SpareHire cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of SpareHire or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
SpareHire may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
All registered SpareHire Users may review, update, correct or delete the information in their registration profile by contacting us or by making edits while viewing their profiles. If you completely delete all such information or if you delete crucial information such as your education, then your account may become deactivated. If you would like us to delete your account in our system, please contact us at email@example.com. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request; however, your Personal Information may remain in our archives. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. Please bear in mind that neither you nor SpareHire can delete all copies of information that has been previously shared with others on the Site or through the Service
SpareHire is very concerned with safeguarding your information. The security of your personal information is important to us. But remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number or social security number) on our registration or payment screens, that information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). In some cases, we also encrypt sensitive information where it is stored on our systems. We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored "personal data" (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Links to Other Sites
Our Site may contain links to other websites. If you choose to click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party's website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
Our Policy Towards Children
This Site is not directed to persons under 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our files.
Professional - A Professional is any person or entity who has logged onto www.sparehire.com, filled out and submitted our Professional Registration form, and had his or her account approved by SpareHire. Professionals on our Site typically use SpareHire to search for project listings, apply to projects, execute projects and receive payment for their services.
Organization - An Organization is any person or entity who has logged onto www.sparehire.com, filled out and submitted our Organization Registration form, and had his or her account approved by SpareHire. Organizations on our Site typically use SpareHire to post projects, review the credentials of Professionals who have applied to these projects, select and engage Professionals found through SpareHire and pay for services they have received from Professionals found through SpareHire.
Project Listing - A page created by an Organization that describes a particular project for which the Organization is looking to hire a Professional. The Project Listing may contain information such as the duration of the project, estimated hourly rate, a description of the project, suggested pre-requisites and other information. Project Listings are searchable by registered SpareHire Professionals and Organizations using the Site's search mechanisms.